Monday, July 27, 2009

Love like an ocean

"For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
-- Jeremiah 29:11

Trust God.

I really believe that just about all of life's issues/worries/concerns/problems/
trials/whatever you want to call them, can be handled by obeying these two words. Trust. God.

It's easier said than done, that's for sure. But having faith is about trusting.

Because I know that God is in control, and He has plans for me--good plans, to give me hope and a future--I don't have to worry. Or at least, I shoudn't worry. "No worries." :)

There's something about being on the beach and looking at the ocean (as well as the mountains, in the case of Japan) that just soothes my soul.

I recently read in an e-mail forward that, "God's Love is like the ocean, you can see its beginning but not its end." I like that. God's love is so big, so unconditional, that it's unfathomable. God IS love.

When I'm on the beach--or just nature in general, really--I think about how awesome God the Creator is. And now, when I admire the ocean, I will think about God's love and how vast it is.



I took this picture of my friend Tao on the beach, and I feel like there's quite a spiritual element to it. I have no idea if he was thinking deep thoughts when I snapped this photo, but it appears that way.

Personally, I love to sit on the beach and just think. I also love to tilt my head toward the sun, close my eyes, and talk to God or praise Him....

Like this. :)

I can't help but praise the Lord for his wonderful and beautiful creation; for loving us more than we can even imagine, love like an ocean; for caring about the details of our lives; and for having a plan for each of us that we just need to trust and not worry about.

2 comments:

  1. Daaayna,
    I love this post as well! I like the part where Gods love is like an ocean because that is so true!!! If you trust in God than you should have no worries!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this is slightly off topic, but I know you are at least slightly into Christian music. Have you ever heard of a singer called Phil Joel? If not, youtube him - he's pretty good.

    ReplyDelete