Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A brand new day

The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice.
-- Psalm 97:1


It's not often that I'm up early enough to see the rising sun.

And it's a shame, really.

As I watched the sunrise over the ocean recently, two of my first thoughts were: #1 This is so beautiful and #2 Why haven't I come out to the coast and done this before?

Each day I talk to God throughout the day, but there's something special about sitting still early in the morning and having a quiet time -- something I need to make a habit. And there's something really special about watching the sunrise at the beach while talking to the Lord.

Besides thinking about the beauty of the moment, I couldn't help but think about the awesomeness of God the Creator. Lord, your work is gorgeous! Thank You so much.

I also prayed for the day to come, that I would make the most of it and do my best to be Christ-like. Please help me shine Your light today.

And because writing is kind of in my blood, I really enjoyed journaling my prayers/thoughts.

It was a wonderful way to begin the day, and I highly recommend having a quiet morning time -- whether you live near the ocean or not.

A time to think, pray, praise, write, and enjoy being with the Lord. :)

1 comment:

  1. Daaayna,
    Those pictures are awesome!!!! It is amazing what the Lord can do! I am trying to get better about making time for quite time in the morning! Let's pray that I continue to get better!!!

    ReplyDelete