Thursday, January 14, 2010

The King's kids

James 1:27, "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." (NIV)

Even though I knew a little bit about Tree of Life Orphanage before I volunteered there, I wasn't exactly sure what to expect. Would I see some really difficult things? What would the kids be like?

Being at the orphanage was like being part of a really big family for a few days. A very loving family.

I didn't see this video about TOLO until just a few days ago. It's really neat for me to watch now because I personally know Roger and the kids. (There's also a brief shot of the library we reorganized about half-way through. Looks familiar!) I encourage you to watch this short video -- a message from Roger:



I like what he says about these children being the "King's kids," and treating them as such. And I really liked being there, seeing that love in person and being part of it.

What Roger and his wife are doing in Buri Ram is wonderful. Please join me in lifting up everyone at TOLO in prayer.

1 comment:

  1. Daaayna,
    That was a great video and it really does help people see what TOLO is all about.

    ReplyDelete