Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Singing in the tough times, too

Besides karaoke, another topic I haven't written a lot about is the downfall in the world economy.

I've had a few people from home ask me if I can feel the effects of the economic situation here in Japan. Honestly, the answer is no, not really. I personally don't know of anyone here who has been laid off recently. (Which of course doesn't mean it isn't happening.)

But I have been keeping up on the news and reading about all the layoffs in America. I know people from home who are unemployed and struggling to find a job. I've been praying over the situation, and I will continue to lift them up in prayer.

It's a sad reality that there are people all over the world right now struggling just to survive. Life is not always a happy-go-lucky musical. For so many people, it never is.

The good news is that there is hope. God cares about what you're going through -- whether it's losing your job, losing someone close to you, losing a relationship...losing faith.


There's a song by Mercy Me called "Keep Singing," that beautifully expresses the idea that even when times are tough, you have to hold on to faith. You have to keep singing. Here are the words...

Another rainy day
I can't recall having sunshine on my face
All I feel is pain

All I wanna do is walk out of this place
But when I am stuck and I can't move
When I don't know what I should do
When I wonder if I'll ever make it through

I gotta keep singing
I gotta keep praising Your name
You're the one that's keeping my heart beating

I gotta keep singing
I gotta keep praising Your name
That's the only way that I'll find healing

Can I climb up in Your lap
I don't wanna leave
Jesus sing over me
I gotta keep singing

Oh You're everything I need
And I gotta keep singing

Amen.

1 comment:

  1. That is so true!!! There are many people who have been losing their jobs and it is so said! I just pray it will get better!!!

    ReplyDelete